Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Here's to all dedicated fathers, the ones who are kind and compassionate but firm, the ones who lead by example.

The value of a father in a child's life is immeasurable. I've seen firsthand the pain of daughters and sons who are missing this valuable piece from their lives.

So I offer thanks to all the fathers who are there for their children, but especially for three who are especially dear to me.

Growing up, I had a great father. He worked hard, provided for our family and I always knew he loved me. Among many other qualities, he was artistic, working with clay, wood and plant to create and grow wonderful things. I lost him too soon in 2001. The picture is from "High Noon," one of his favorites.

My father-in-law, who is like a father to me, is also wonderful. He also knows his way around the house and garden and is one of the best shoppers I know. He gives great advice and we're lucky to have him playing an involved and active roles in our lives.

Finally, the best father I know is my husband, Steve. Our family is richly blessed to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment