Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Really? Seth Meyers? Really!

Seth Meyers, probably my favorite TV journalist since we lost Uncle Walter, is hosting the ESPY awards next week.
Meyers, host of Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update," and a key writer for SNL, is shown in this recent ESPN photo checking out the sports media giant's 3D programming.
Today I had a chance to chat ever so briefly with Meyers, who completely turned on the charm when he learned I worked at the Press.
I asked if he would visit Bristol and he told me, much to my chagrin, that he was here recently to do what ESPN types call the "Bristol car wash," or taping appearances on about 10 shows in rapid succession.
Of course, he loved the Mum City.
"It was amazing," Meyers told me. "It really is the Manhattan of Connecticut."
While in town, he did "everything," Meyers said. "I was there for two hours."
Given his brief window in Bristol, I could tell he'd missed the highlights, though, so I made him promise to let me know the next time he comes to town so I could properly show him around.
He said that was a good idea, since ESPN had clearly given him a "bum tour."

No comments:

Post a Comment