Friday, August 6, 2010

Good Morning, Marinelli's

Photo by Kiernan Majerus-Collins
The coffee was really good at Marinelli's Supper Club in Burlington this morning.
I was there bright and early to hear Congressman Chris Murphy talk about saving manufacturing jobs.
Jim Marinelli was there, and the coffee was definitely on. He told me there aren't many early morning events at his place, which is, after all, a supper club.
Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever been there in the daytime before. They've got a beautiful lake behind the place -- a real asset. When I've been there in the past, it's been for the nights the restaurant hosts the Bristol Reunion Jazz Band.
Jim told me the band is off until October, but that in the meantime, they've got some French folk fiddlers coming in.
It's cool that they regularly host live music. If you get a chance, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment