Thursday, August 5, 2010

Who Was That Robo Caller?

I was standing in the ShopRite plaza parking lot Wednesday afternoon, waiting for Democrat Dan Malloy to show up for his stop in Bristol when some local pols started talking about robo calls.
    State Rep. Chris Wright, a Bristol Democrat, said he got three robo calls asking him to vote for Malloy for governor in the primary Tuesday -- one from Congressman John Larson, one from Mayor Art Ward and one from himself.
    “It was a little strange,” Wright said, getting a call from himself urging him to vote.
     Hearing his own recorded voice was weird, Wright admitted.
    “That’s how I sound?” he said he asked himself. “No wonder everyone calls me ‘ma’am’ on the phone.”
     Wright blamed his high-pitched vocal chords on his dad, former state Rep. Gardner Wright, who’s been known to sound a bit squeaky.
     Ward said he gets the robo calls, too, but doesn't always listen to them.
     “I was supposed to get one from me,” Ward said. “I refused it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment