Monday, August 30, 2010

Malloy Ready To Be a Crocodilian

Democrat Dan Malloy is taking time out from his race for governor to attend the Crocodile Club tomorrow.
Malloy was kind enough to call me today to let me know that he's looking forward to the event at Lake Compounce.
"I've never been, so I don't know what to expect," Malloy said. "I feel uninitiated."
He wondered if it's a casual event, so though I told him most people dress pretty casually and normally, I warned him about the likelihood of seeing old guys in plaid shorts and black socks.
He said he's working on his remarks, and I advised him to be funny. He said he didn't play an instrument, so he won't be jamming with host Ray Dunaway, who is expected to bring his accordian, or Rep. Frank Nicastro, who will bring his trumpet.
Malloy, who was mayor of Stamford from 1995 to 2002, said he never got an invitation before.
But then, he said he's never had so many friends as he seems to have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment