Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Shooting at Hartford Distributors

While we at The Bristol Press don't cover Manchester, I'm sure everyone is paying some attention to the terrible loss of life in the workplace shootings at Hartford Distributors today. I don't have anything to add to the story other than my own thought that it is horrible and probably reminds us all of the Connecticut Lottery killings. But Bristol's congressman, John Larson of East Hartford, has a big district that includes Manchester and he has a personal connection to the Hollander family. Larson was at the scene this morning and released these comments this afternoon:


"First of all, I send my deepest condolences to the Hollander family and the employees of Hartford Distributors affected by today's events. I am fortunate to call Ross Hollander a close, personal friend and over the years, I have gotten to know many of the great employees of the company. I visited the site earlier today to offer my support. This is a day or emotions no person, family, or loved one should have to experience.

“The Hollander family and the workers of Hartford Distributors have donated to our local charities and provided their time to bettering our state. I ask that we all be there for them during this critical time. My heart is with the deceased, the Hollander family and all those affected by this morning's tragedy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment